Materials list: Still life painting workshop
- Brushes: assorted sizes of filbert (a shape of brush) brushes, from small to about an inch wide
- Pallet knife: Pallet knife shapes are a matter of personal preference for each artist. I prefer one with a long wide blade, which allows me to move more paint quickly and efficiently.
- Pallet: The bigger the better. Wood is best, followed by glass, then plastic, then paper. Never buy paper pallets, they are terrible.
- Medium cup: This is a small, sealable container for holding painting medium for use while painting.
- Brush cleaning jar: Sealable jar for holding turpentine or turpenoid for the first stage of cleaning brushes.
- Painting panel: Canvas panel to paint on. Bring 2, Fredrix brand canvas panels. One should be 14x18 inches, the other 8x10 inches.
- Turpenoid: Odorless paint solvent similar to turpentine. Use for cleaning brushes as well as used to mix painting medium
- Refined linseed oil: Used for painting medium.
- Paper towels:
- Comfortable shoes:
- Titanium white
- Raw umber
- Cadmium yellow
- Chrome yellow
- Yellow Ocher
- Vermilion red (regular or hue is fine)
- Alizarin crimson
- Cobalt blue
- Ivory black